What Is Hygge?


How to make your home more Hygge friendly!



Hygge is a Danish and Norweigan word which can be described as a quality of comfort and cosiness. That engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being. To make your home more Hygge like there are ten things you can do to make your home more Hygge like! 

- glowing scented candles
- fluffy throws that wrap around you 10 times
-bears to cuddle up with
-fireplace (real or fake)
-warm autumnal colours surrounding you
-a million cushions to jump into
-a comfy couch with telly arms
-a warm mug of hot chocolate, coffee or tea                                                                                             -a book to curl up with
-a pet to keep you warm!

From my perspective, Hygge mostly revolves around autumn when the leaves are falling and you can cuddle up in a huge blanket and just watch a movie with the people you love. The best things about autumn and winter is that I can cuddle up in a blanket light candles, make cookies and watch a movie while holly sits across the room from me and stares at me like I'm some weirdo. 

This is all of my main knowledge of Hygge but I am looking forward to learning more about it.
Thanks for reading and ride on!

Comments